Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Third Time's a Charm....


This picture is where the best therapy a man could ask for begins,  on a boat leaving a dock as the sun sets.  Actually there is a tie in my book because some would argue that on a motorcycle in the wind is the best. I happen to like both when I can. Think about it, you've never seen a boat dock at the therapist office and if you see a motorcycle there it probably belongs to the DR. 
One key part of going through chemo is hydration -  I learned that is a two dollar word for drinking lots of water.  Another is eating weather you feel like it or not.  Today it took  2 people 3 attempts to get my IV started and they reminded me to drink lots of water tonight so it will be easier tomorrow. I also learned they had trouble with several other people. 
While online I read an article about a man who had been moved to the death house, he was scheduled to be executed tomorrow, and has since been given a two week reprieve.  I don't want this to be about the death penalty so don't waste our time going there.  I read the article because one thing that has intrigued me is the "last meal."

Tomorrow I will have 4 hours of chemo and I decided to try and "load up" for supper tonight. I went to Kroger and brought home the "managers special."  I got a nice steak, marked down to $2.29, nice slice of vanilla pudding ring cake, marked down to $0.49, small loaf of cheddar jalepino italian bread $0.89. Grill the perfect steak, toast the bread, add some macaroni salad, potato salad from the fridg, nuke the cake, drizzle some caramel topping over it and you have the "last meal" fifty years early. 
I haven't forgot the hydration part.  tonight I have drank 2 quarts of Gatorade and am finishing my fifth bottle of water.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day, but I think I'm ready for it.  
R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home