Wednesday, May 23, 2012

100% Past Tense... almost


Yesterday was day 2 of cycle two of my chemo, things were a little tense so I did not do any writing.  Some of you understand what I mean.  Ive gone through many different stages or events over the past 48 days since being diagnosed with bladder cancer. As I sit here pondering the various events I think back to my moms funeral when I shared that "it was the hardest thing I would ever do - until the next hardest thin came along. and God would carry me through that too."
I think the question of who got told first was hard, who got phone calls, E-mails, text messages, etc. I do know it was family first and in the process some may have felt the should have been informed differently.  We grow up and move on, best thing to do.
Yesterday was what I call a major event on this journey. As I sat here working at my desk I saw a few strands of hair on the keyboard. I ran my hand through my mohawk of 10 days (another major event) and grabbed a few more strands, finally I grabbed hold and pulled out a few clumps. The hair loss they siad might start after 3 weeks of chemo started in 2.  
For the first time going through all of this I cried.  Of all the events I think this made it more real than any. I felt like I was official cancer patient. I didn't cry  long, a friend of nearly 40 years Connie Yeater would be picking me up shortly to drive me to my chemo treatment.  
Of the 4 hats I've got, the English Driivers Cap seems to be the one people like most so i put it on went to my chemo treatment. Upon arrival I told them about the hair problem and asked if they got the wrong mix the day before.  We all laughed. I got home and about 8:30 and grabbed a beard trimer and tightened things up so I would not sit around pulling my hair out. My nephews wife, Angi will be by sometime to day to even things out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Paul said...

I was wondering if they gave you the "wrong mix" after you got the mohawk...:)

May 23, 2012 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home