Monday, June 4, 2012

M&M Salad with breadsticks....


Today is the start of cycle three of four cycles of chemotherapy. It seems like I've had a lot more time to think over the past 2 weeks of cycle two, and as with anything that can be good or bad. The nausea did not seem to hit me as hard this time, I think the thing that helped most was forcing myself to eat and drink when I did not feel like it.  
I've always looked at this as a journey and as I type two key things come to mind, memories and inspiration. I could say motivation and call it M&M, and maybe get a letter from the legal department of the candy company.  
Sometimes it is little things that get you moving.  I'd been wanting salad and breadsticks for sometime, partly because it would be something lite to eat and partly for the memory.  I used to go to a place called Campus Pizza Chef to get salad and breadsticks, anyone who has been there knows their breadsticks and hot cheese sauce were the best. Some from Marion have never herd of Campus Pizza, some remember when it was located at the corner of Kensington and Mt. Vernon Ave. where an auto parts store and recently closed Blockbuster sit.  Older people like myself may remember its original location further east where a Subway and car rental agency are located.
One time while planning a trip to Florida it was suggested I bring some breadsticks from Pizza Chef.  It happened they would be open about the time I was leaving for the airport so I thought why not? I had maybe 10 orders of breadsticks with hot cheese sauce in 2 plastic containers. I could have made a lot of friends on that plane.  Another time dining in with my nephew I placed my order and when the waitress asked my nephew what he wanted he simply replied "my usual."   The waitress got this funny look as she had probably never seen either of us before and I simply said "he wants the same thing."  To this day my nephew still orders "my usual."

1 Comments:

Blogger Joani said...

I remember Campus Pizza -- they were the only place in town that had a 21" pizza which fed our whole family :-)nersiam 85

June 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home