Monday, July 18, 2011

Cairo West Egypt,Pyramids,Bright Star and a Funeral ......

Twenty Four years ago Operation Bright Star was just getting started at the Cairo West Air Base in Egypt.  Bright Star is a combined training exercise led by American and Egyptian forces in Egypt. It was going to be a 3 month TDY with a healthy Per Diem.  
I was told it was quite the experience.  I never made it though, you see it was also twenty four years ago today we berried my dad.  I often think about my dad as you can tell by my Blog, but for some reason as the anniversary of my dads passing has come and gone I've been looking at it differently. 
Mostly I've been thinking about the great friends and family I have who seem to be there when life  seems to  hit bottom. My mind is reeling to much to type about how Blessed I am with friends and Family  who have been there not a time or two when life hits bottom, but I'm Blessed with friends and family who have been there every time life hit bottom.  You  see, God is in the business of Blessing Ralph and  I  thank Him for people like you, you know who you are and I thank you also.   I've got to stop or my mind will never slow down enough to sleep. 
RS


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home