Saturday, May 19, 2012

Passed out with a President...




I'd just re-read a Blog post from Jan of 2011 I titled "Bucket list my Bucket," I'd wrote this after a long dreamed about attempt at snowboarding.  I think part of the push may have been from have been from watching the movie "The Bucket list." 
I'd seen the trailers for the movie and thought it was a movie I would actually go to a theatre and see - but didn't. I did buy the DVD, loved it and watched it many times before I was "diagnosed." I've watched the movie several times since being "diagnosed" and still love it.  As I type I'm sitting here looking at the box, one of the headers of a paragraph reads "You only live once, so why not go out in style?" This is the first time I remember reading this and I'm thinking how cool is that. 
I'm not planning on going out anytime soon but I find the idea of "going out in style"  to be an interesting thought.  Having cancer changes the way you and everyone around you looks at everything in life - past, present and even future. Sometimes you intentionally   look at things differently and other times it happens naturally.
I find I'm trying to take more pictures, and the other day at the Harding Memorial I found myself wanting something  different. I sat for a bit looking for that unique photo op, then I eventually sat down at the gate and while looking out at the traffic driving by decided that I did not need a photo op but just a different angle. So I laid  back on the step between 2 pillars pointed my camera skyward and clicked a few.
Cancer will change your life and the lives of those around you, the question is how will you let it change you're life?
R

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Bear said...

You are so right about cancer changing your perspective! But friend...I have always appreciated your openness & honesty. Thankful to see that hasn't changed!!!

May 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home