Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Routine.... Yea right.


There's a bit of chill in the house as I sit here debating my morning "routine."  But truth is there is nothing routine about life with cancer. I did not sleep well last night, up several times to the bathroom and just not able to sleep. 
I think I'm up for a while now, I've weighed myself, checked my Blood Pressure and temp and now the routine is kind of on hold as I type. I look at the pill bottles thinking about the dreaded taste of that one antibiotic and the 6 others that go with it. I see the empty gatorade bottles scattered and remind myself to start drinking more or I'm gonna be in trouble. My desk is pretty much a total disarray, one cup with pens and pencils, another with coins, a glass coke bottle holding lancets from my glucose meter, a few live rounds, police scanner and my 9mm. 
I get up and walk around the room, not real sure if I'm looking for   inspiration or just something to write about. I glance at a photo collage on the wall, I see a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day, my younger brother who passed away probably when I was 2, the last picture of me and Santa Clause. and finally, a picture of the "Loyal Order of AGE Guys. " Me and the 4 other guys from my first Air Force assignment at Fort Campbell, KY.  
There's nothing routine about cancer so I think i'm going to try and take those pills, get some food in me and go back to bed for a bit and try starting over....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have thought about life being a vapor. We will spend far more time in Eternity than we will here. our life is not even going to consist of a single day to God. maybe an hour. Since we'll be in Eternity longer, it would be good if we did some prepairing for it.
As for the the routien of your daily life today, i am praying strength and peace. God is able to sustain you as you go thru this part of life. This is when Jesus carries you.

June 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, i for got to sign my name, the last comment was from Mary Warner. Be Blessed Brother in the Lord.

June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home