Saturday, April 5, 2008

Healing Rain....

I was at work the other day, kind of thinking about what to write.  I asked the Lord to give me a song, a Christian song.  So for the past few days I've been running around with Michael W. Smiths Healing Rain on my mind.  (lyrics) 

All I could remember was the outro...


Healing Rain is Falling down
Healing Rain is Falling down
I'm not afraid
I'm not Afraid

So as usual I found the lryics online and even found the video on youtube.  I find the first verse really gets me thinking about life.  

Healing Rain is coming down
It's coming nearer to this old town
Rich and poor, Weak and strong
It's bringing mercy, it won't be long

Seems like the past week has been very long, and to be honest I feel pretty beat down right now.  I think God gave me this song to remind me that the healing rain is indeed on the way and in his timing his mercy will rain down.  I'm ready for the healing rain, and like the song says, I'm not afraid.  

When it rains it pours and the rain is not coming just for me so I ask are you gonna stay inside or you gonna come out and play? Are you afraid? I hope not.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Iobst said...

Ralph,

Thanks for you comment on my BLOG. Robbie gave me your BLOG address she doesn't have your e-mail, I'll see if I can get it from Paul or Karen.

I can relate to having seasons where I felt the need to healing rain and needing to wait for God's timing. For me that season ended when I gaveup trying to control my life and God and let God be God with no expectations.

Blessings to you and your family

John

April 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I always loved playing in the rain & have been enjoying "playing" in God's healing rain the past couple of months. Thanks for your insight!

April 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home