Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catching up....

Its been 11 days since I've posted so I figured I need to get something going.  I don't have any particular song running through my head right now so I opened itunes and am listening to Cinderella's Coming Home.


I caught the very end of the season finale of October Road, my friend Bunny said I should watch it all so I did.  The part I caught at the end was the four main guys at Phil's place doing the "air band" thing, the song was REO Speedwagon's Roll with the Changes.On the positive note they did let Ikey "back in" but when I watched the complete show it just did not grab me like it usually does-- possibly because that night was also the first night of 4 days of migraine headaches.

This week is a short week at work, I'm kind of trying to get stuff ready for Sunday so I can maybe actually have a play day on Friday. Easter Sunday is just 5 days away, Easter is one of what I would call "cookie cutter" sermons, the Easter story never changes so how hard could it be right?  Very hard.  


One thing that has been on my mind the past few days is concerts and salvation.  When Jesus was crucified it was for a reason.  He shed his blood for our sins so we would not have too.  Plain and simple, pray the sinners prayer, repent and ask forgiveness for our sins and we are one our way to heaven when we pas away.  Jesus bought the ticket and all we have to do is go to the gate and pick ours up.  So what does this have to do with concerts?  A lot.  

Somewhere around 1980 Shiela Walsh was opening for Steve Taylor in concert at the Ohio Theatre in Columbus Ohio.  I was there with a friend of mine and 3 extra tickets we had bought for friends who said "sure I'll go" then had "something else come up"
If you have not learned yet remember these words when buying concert tickets "give me the money"  thats give, NOT show.  We got there early, and had decided to give the tickets away, 3rd row and you know what?  No takers.  This was nearly 30 years ago, scalpers were barely heard of and there was  no such thing as a home computer or forged tickets. Some people had tickets already but did not want the offer for better ones.  Others would politely decline and buy tickets at the box office for $10, this was roughly 3 hours wages for each ticket we were giving away. I think we went in and had lots of space.

Sometimes it seems God's offer of Salvation is the same way.  He is offering us free tickets to the best show anyplace and all we have to do is take them.  No catch or worry of the tickets being forged.  No price to pay.  But many will refuse the offer, rather than take the offer of eternal life may try to go it on their own and "earn" their Salvation. As I heard one lady share at home group last week, many people are afraid to take the risk of being set Free.  

Easter is just 5 days away if the Lord does not return.  do you know Jesus as your Savior?

On a different note, last week I bought gas, it was $3.49 a gallon, probably the highest I've ever seen in the states.  I thought about the times I could fill my car from fumes for like $15 and decided to put in $25.  Some may have already guessed what happened, I got it stopped at $25.01.  At $3.49 a gallon I decided i could look poor for one time and stopped there, but add a cup of English Toffee  Capucino and it comes to $26 even :)

I'm off for now, Be Blessed
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home