Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Can't Stop Dancin'

Well I was at work yesterday and another song came to mind, from like 1978, Can't Stop Dancin', by Captain and Tennille.  I guess the part that stuck with me is the chorus...


And you can't stop dancing
just because the musics gone.

Can't stop dancin' yeah yeah
just because the band has packed it up and gone home


Cause if you keep on dancin'
If you keep on dancin'
If you keep on dancin'
You're gonna turn the music back on.......




I was having one of those mondays yesterday, as usual I get song in my head and as I thought about this one several things came to mind.  The Bible tells us that the evil one comes to steal, kill and destroy and at times i think what he is after most is our joy.  As I went from place to place singing this song it hit me that just like dancing we got to keep on praising the Lord, sometimes we lose our joy but if we just keep praising Him, like the music being turned back on we'll get our joy back.  

Has your band packed up and gone home?  Lost your  Joy?  

Keep on Dancin'!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samuria72 said...

Yesterday one of the cooks at work asked me if I am always happy?I told her that I am most of the time and its a choice I make,it surprised her I don't think she ever thought of it that way.She been a pretty good mood maybe it's rubbing off.Although we know that only true joy can be found in Christ.

April 1, 2008 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Robbie Iobst said...

I want MY MY MY MY MY Boogie Shoes...
Amen, Brother Ralph!

April 2, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks! I really needed to read this tonight!

April 2, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home