Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yesterdays wine....

Ever get a song running through your mind? I'm not talking one that keeps you up all night singing it but one that really gets the gears turning thinking about it. I've got one of those, Yesterdays Wine, by Willie Nelson.

I've always imagined this song taking place in an airport bar. Probably because one, I like airports and two because of the line "Sit down - let me buy you a beer". And the line "Your presance is welcome with me and my friend here", I find that interesting also, we should always welcome friends and its always great to see them no matter where or for how long.

Then there is that age old question (no pun intended) just what is yesterdays wine? I'd say its life, the good, bad, ugly, and lonely. Mostly its the friends, the good times, and they years. The years have been especially good to me and the friends have always been there for me and if thats yesterdays wine I'll take another drink.




YESTERDAY'S WINE
Willie Nelson

Miracles appear in the strangest of places
Fancy meeting you here
The last time I saw you was just out of Houston
Sit down - let me buy you a beer


Your presance is welcome with me and my friend here
And this is a hang-out of mine
We come here quite often and listen to music
Partaking of yesterday's wine


CHORUS:
Yesterday's wine, we're yesterday's wine
Aging with time, like yesterday's wine
Yesterday's wine, we're yesterday's wine
Aging with time, like yesterday's wine


You give the appearence of one widely travelled
I'll bet you've seen things in your time
So sit down beside me and tell me your story
If you think you'll like yesterday's wine

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A great take on classic Willie lyrics. They say fine wine only gets better with age. So yesterday's wine should actually be better today than it was yesterday, right?

February 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to traveling with you on your journey. :-)

February 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home