Saturday, May 31, 2008

Do they really?

They have a new smoothie machine at your local Taco Bell and I decided I needed one. (Check out the surfcam)So I'm driving out to get a strawberry type smoothie and am hitting my favorite button on the radio - SCAN when i actually stopped on a country song.  Guy named Chris Cagle, "The chicks dig it"  

With my mom being in the hospital on top of everything else life has to offer the past week has really been loaded. So getting back to the song, what  really drew me in was the chorus.....



Scars heal ..... Glory Fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Yea life is short so go on and live it
Cause the chicks dig it



As I thought about this chorus and all that's been going on I thought how true it is, life is definitely short and in the end we are truly left with only the memories.  A friend I was in the Air Force with came to mind also.  Anytime I was struggling with a decision he'd look at me and say "you know Ralphie, sometimes you gotta say what the * and go for it"  And I guess in the end it really does not matter if the chicks dig it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What happened to the "Ruby Tuesday" entry??? I've been anxiously awaiting your comments since we left yesterday. :-)

June 1, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home