Friday, November 19, 2010

A decade gone by ...


A decade is a long time, ten years to be exact. I've been wanting to get back into posting here and when I got a full size keyboard for my laptop I decided it was time. As I type I'm also looking through a drawer of CDs that have been loaded onto itunes a long time ago. Looking for memories and inspiration.

I'm coming up on my fiftieth birthday, just 139 days away. For my 40th birthday I planned my own party - it kept my friends and family from "doing me in" so to speak. The day started with class at Vineyard Leadership Institute, lunch at Smokey Bones. After class I joined 6 good friends, we shared a 1983 bottle of German wine I'd bought on my first trip there. From there we went to Schmidts Sausage Hause in German Village, about 25 joined for dinner. From there it was off to Magic Mountain, I had arranged for a group discount and about 75 showed. I remember it was about 10 at night when things started winding down, but no birthday would be complete without a trip to DQ.

Another part of turning 40 was this compilation CD, XL- 40 years of music and memories. In case you don't know XL is the Roman numeral 40. I think I gave copies to 15 people. Were you on of the lucky ones? Maybe some were your favorites. As my friend Robbie would say "Talk to me, share your feelings ."
Songs on the disc were-

Takin' Care of Business, BTI
All Shook Up, from the movie Cocktail
Joy to the World / Never Been to Spain, Three Dog Night
Dear Jesus, Midnight Reign
Ticket to Freedom, Michael Sweet
Gabriel's Wings, Dave Warren
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something
Band on the Run, Paul McCartney
Time in a Bottle, Jim Croce
Warrior, Phil Driscol
Turning 30, Randy Stonehill
Don't ya Wanna Rap, Bryan Duncan
Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins
The Breeze, Lynard Skynard
Top gun Anthem, from the movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home