Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Asylum

I went to lunch today with my brother, his wife, my sister and nephew.  As I drove across town to meet them many things went through my mind, mostly thoughts of how our country seems to fall a bit deeper into despair every day and think nothing of it.  We seem to live in a society that celebrates sin, and  the government and our tax dollars finance the outcome.  

As I ate lunch, the song "Runaway Train" came on the Muzak, as I listened to the words my heart broke.  (click the link and watch the youtube video)   As I did a bit of reasearch on the song I found it was done by "Soul Asylum" and as is my nature I looked up asylum and found it means a place of refuge or shelter   and thought there are many  hurting souls in need of asylum.  If you watch the video the first thing you read is that there are over one million youth lost on the streets of  America, this was in 1992.

Some lines from the song that hit me and give something  to think about.....


Call you up in the middle of the night
Like a firefly without any light
You were there like a blowtorch burning
I was a key that could use a little turning

Can you help me remember how to smile
Make it all seem somehow worthwhile


Bought a ticket for a runaway train
Like a madman laughin' at the rain
Little out of touch,  little insane
Just easier than dealing with the pain


There are a lot of hurting people out there, sometimes I'm one of them, sometimes you are to, we are all souls seeking asylum, that place of refuge and shelter where we can feel safe, loved and just plain feel like someone actually cares. I'm off to that place of asylum -  its not church,  the local bar, or hospital.  Gonna go play some music and hang out with Jesus, He'll deal with the pain for me.
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home