Saturday, August 9, 2008

This old hammer... Day 5



Murphy's law applies to all facets of life, especially mine.  The rebuilding of the basement wall is taking much longer than planned, partly because of changes in plans and partly because of Murphy's law. 

Thursday, day 4 was a fairly easy day, haul the last bits of scrap metal and other "stuff" away, put together list of materials - concrete block and such, and arrange for excavator.   

Day 5 was a bit different, we got the excavator, and as expected we found out that it would only reach so far under the house.  The nature of the beast  meant we had to do some digging by hand, actually my great nephew and I spent about 10 hours Friday swinging a pick and shoveling dirt.  So the way my mind wonders I started thinking about a song I learned in 6th grade, was about John Henry ....


This old hammer
Driving hammer
Killed poor John
but it won't kill me


Below should be a pic of the end result of swinging "this ol' pick"  for probably 10 hours.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home