Sunday, July 20, 2008

Artesian water...

I've been wanting to type all week, and even though I've got a box of "round tuits" they don't always help.  21 one years ago last Sunday was an exciting time in my life, I had been  in the Air Force just over a year and was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, 101st Airborne as part of the Air Forces on permanently assigned ALCE.  (Most people have no idea what I'm talking  about, so just trust me it something special.)  I was part of a group going to Cairo Egypt for 3 months to do what we called "playing Army", the per diem was unbelievable as well as what I was going to experience. 

21 years ago last Monday my world came crashing down.  I'd received word that my dad had died so instead of heading off to Cairo I came home to bury my father.  It was the worst thing I've ever had to deal with.  But as I've learned over the years its only the worst thing until the next worst thing comes along, and like all of the ones before and all the ones to come God will see me through them.  

My dad was a great man, if you don't believe me just ask me.  He was  not only my dad, he was a Marine,my brother in the Lord and brother in arms.  I'll always remember the good times and know that when my time comes he'll be there to greet me.  Enough for now....



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Nice tribute to your dad Ralph. On another note, we need to do something about that tux you're wearing... Blues Bothers suit would fit ya better... tall, mysterious... and on a mission for God!

July 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home