Sunday, April 5, 2009

XVI

If you have not figured out XVI is the roman numeral  sixteen.  Sixteen is a significant number in most of our lives, one important time is our sixteenth birthday when we get our drivers license. For some like me we turn sixteen have got everything together to head on down and get that temporary drivers permit only to find out our vision is nopt as good as expected.  It means this milestone we've dreamed of is put on hold.  

It does not seem to be the rule anymore but it used to be many looked forward to turning 16 so we could date, and find that first job.  

!6 years ago today I began my job at Whirlpool, like anything it has its good and bad days but considering the economy I count it a blessing.As i began typing something else came to mind.  Tuesday is my 48th birthday and that means I've spent one third of my life building dryers.  Now don't think I'm ate up but when I started Whirlpool had roughly 56% of the dryer market, and since buying Maytag a few years ago we have even more.  So if you dry you clothes at home chances are I helped build your dryer.  This brings one more thought to mind, its 10 PM, and I get up at 5:15.  I'm off to bed, have a good Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home